Villa Grove State Bank opened for business on November 1, 1919. Our story began at 10 N. Main Street in Villa Grove, in what was then known as the Combs building and had been previously occupied by the Morrison Grocery Store, and we are still there today to serve our customers and community. As the bank has continued to grow, we expanded our facility to the south into what had formerly been the P.N. Hirsch building.
On December 18, 1989, the First National Bank of Villa Grove was merged into Villa Grove State Bank , allowing us to serve an even larger part of the community. At this same time, we built our drive-up facility within the same city block, to better serve our expanded customer base with welcoming customer service and convenience.
Villa Grove State Bank takes great pride in being “Your Hometown Community Bank Since 1919.” We are a full service, customer oriented financial institution. We are locally owned and operated, with an enormous investment in the community that our Directors, Officers and Employees all live and raise our families in.